LED Tape Lights
Choose a System
We offer two complete LED tape light solutions from which to choose. Each tape light system has its own unique set of advantages. Contact us if you need assistance selecting the right system for your project.
- American Lighting Trulux: High performance, high CRI tape light reels with a unique wireless control capability, allowing you to place a dimmer or controller anywhere within radio/WiFi range of the tape light.
- Maxim Lighting StarStrand: Pre-manufactured segments of various lengths with built-in connectors allow for easy "plug-and-play" installations. This strip light is capable of very long maximum runs.
LED tape lights (commonly called strip lights or ribbon lights) are different from normal LED rope lighting because they are thinner, more flexible, and have more light output per foot. Their versatility makes them a perfect lighting solution for a variety of indoor or outdoor applications:
- Architectural accent lighting
- Entertainment and theater cove lighting
- Display case lighting
- Trade show lighting
- Concealed and back lighting
- Under cabinet lighting
- Signage and channel letter lighting
- Security lighting
- and much more!
Whatever project you use LED strip lighting on, youíll be saving a bundle because LEDs reduce energy costs and last much longer than normal lighting options.
Since these LED ribbons are a low voltage product, so they will work in a variety of applications that line level voltage products will not:
- Automobile border/contour lighting
- Boat lighting
- RV lighting
In addition to an increased range of applications, low voltage lights are also much safer to work with. Whether 12 volt or 24 volt, low voltage lights have only a fraction of the voltage running through them, after the transformer has stepped down the voltage, which reduces the shock hazard during installation.
Donít forget the driver! Low voltage LED strip lights require some sort of driver to step down the line level voltage to the proper voltage needed by the LED diodes, and switch from AC to DC current. Some drivers are small and unobtrusive, while others can be quite large. The size and weight of the driver/power supply is dependent upon the size of the power load it needs to handle. Generally, the longer of run of LED strips, the more power they draw, the larger the driver. Be sure to purchase a driver that is the appropriate size and capacity for your lighting project, and determine ahead of time where the driver will be located. Always refer to the product cut sheets and instructions for maximum run limitations.
TO PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT AND ENSURE OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE, WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF SURGE PROTECTION EQUIPMENT ON ALL LIGHTING PRODUCTS.